So you’ve purchased your pass, you’ve made travel arrangements, now what? Read our definitive guide to learning how to navigate the Swapcard app in four easy steps in order to maximize your time at the Summit.
1. Download the app
That’s always a good start! In efforts to reduce our environmental footprint, this year’s Global Summit will only have an electronic program, which is found exclusively on the Swapcard mobile or web application. In order to print your ticket on-site, you must have registered and downloaded.
2. Edit your profile
A picture is worth a thousand words. Trust us, it will facilitate the networking moments, when you don’t have to awkwardly guess what your next meeting looks like! Now that you have access to your profile, you may add in a short biography, profile picture, website links, and social media. Keep in mind that this information will be made public to all other participants.
3. Register for sessions
Look before you leap. Make sure to look at our program and begin to create your own schedule for the Summit! Here are a few key points:
- Double the programs = double the fun.
- HT Stages Program includes all the sessions happening on the Main Stage, Challenge Stage, and Deep Tech Academy.
- Our Side Stages Program includes Unconferences happening in the Networking Area as well as sessions in the Level-1 at the Meetup Room, Deep Tech Exhibition, and our Partner Spaces & Stages
- Create your schedule
- Use our filters to sort through the sessions (Type, Topics, etc.)
- When you see a session that peaks your interest, add it to your favourites by clicking on this little star icon.
- Want to add those sessions to your phone calendar? Click on the “export” pictogram (shown below) to download to your phone.
4. Connect with other attendees
The ball is in your court — you have your profile, you have created a perfect session schedule, now is the time to begin connecting with other attendees! We have created four different ways for you to build unique connections:
- Book a meeting
- Click on the “Favourite” button or simply on the star in the top right corner when you navigate through the app. Your profile will show your meeting availability to other participants, as well as your contacts and your bookmarked companies. You may change your availability by editing your meeting slots under the “Favourites” section.
- Start a conversation
- Under the section “Attendees”, go to the profile of the person you are interested in chatting with and click on “Connect” to begin your conversation.
- Interact with Speakers
- Some of our sessions include a “questions from the audience segment”. To join the conversation or to ask a question, click on Q&A powered by Slido to interact with the Speaker.
- Create your contact book
- Scan the business cards
- Scan the QR code on your contact’s badge or application to save their contact information instantly
- Add Scoring, Tags, and Notes to your contacts
- At the end of the Summit, export all your contacts on an Excel spreadsheet for followup connections
Have any questions? Reach out to our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the event or go to the Swapcard info desk at the event.
We can’t wait to welcome you!